With sales of over 270,000 copies, the Canadian Rockies Trail Guide is one of best-selling non-fiction books in Canadian publishing history.
Hikers affectionately refer to this hiking guidebook as “the Bible.” When it was published in 1971, it was the first book with accurate distances and detailed descriptions to the hiking trails of the Canadian Rockies.
The 10th edition covers more than 3,400 km (2,100 miles) of hiking trails in Banff, Jasper, Yoho, Kootenay and Waterton Lakes National Parks, plus the provincial parks of Mt. Assiniboine, Mt. Robson, Akamina-Kishinena, Peter Lougheed, and Elk Lakes.
The 10th edition includes:
• Descriptions of 227 Canadian Rockies hikes and routes plus dozens of side trips
• More than stunning colour 250 photographs
• 35 colour topo maps
• Trail logs measured by “trail wheel”
• GPS co-ordinates for all trailheads
• Sources for information, maps, backcountry lodging, and transportation